STEP 1: TOURING SCHOOL BEFORE APPLYING If you are interested in applying to CDES, we invite you take a tour. Please call our office (028-86081162) to make an appointment.
STEP 2: APPLICATION You will need:
- Completed Application Forms
- Copy of student ID card or passport
- One passport-style photo, taken within the last three months
- Submit assessment fee and registration fee 3000 RMB
- Records of the past 1 year of schooling for applicants of Grade 2 and above
STEP 3: INTERVIEW
- Arrange an appointment to take assessment test
- Student will proceed to interviews by homeroom teachers directly. After the interview, the principal will consult with the teachers and you will be notified within three to five business days on whether you have been accepted.
How to Prepare for My Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test is 30 minutes long for ECC to grade three, and 2 hours long for grades four through twelve.
- Students who pass will then be tested for approximately 1 hour by our Language Services Department, providing the Admissions Committee with an in-depth assessment of language skills.
- The best way to prepare for the entrance test is to get a good night’s sleep, eat a healthy breakfast and relax!
- Arriving relaxed and ready will ensure your mind is prepared to give its best.
Things to Remember:
- Arrive at school 20 minutes prior to the test start time
- Bring original previous school records and any outstanding documentation
- Do not bring any writing materials, including pencils and papers, those will be provided
- Calculators, dictionaries or digital translators are not permitted
- We recommend that students, as well as parents who choose to stay at the school, bring a snack as there may be a delay between the tests depending on the number of testing applicants
STEP 4: MEDICAL EXAM & FEE The following must be completed before school begins:
- Medical Exam Form
- All applicable fees paid
1. Submit a completed re-enrollment form. 2. Students entering fifth and ninth grade must submit a completed medical exam form, signed by a medical doctor, unless they have shown one in the past year. 3. Pay all re-registration and capital fees by the date specified in the re-enrollment packet.